PASSPORT TESTING AT ITS BEST
BSI TR-03105 Part 2 – Test Plan for Official Electronic ID Documents with Secure Contactless Integrated Circuit
Edition 3.0 from 2016-11-04
In this Edition of the BSI TR-03105 Part 2, the focus is on lower-layer (meaning ISO/IEC 14443-1 .. -4) document testing. Both earlier editions of this specification were based on ISO/IEC 10373-6:2001 (the first edition of the general test standard for ISO/IEC 14443-compliant products) but this third edition is based on the ePassport testing standard ISO/IEC 18745-2:2016. This standard is divided into 4 Layers as defined in ISO 14443-1 to 4.
Which devices can be tested against this standard?
- eMRTD can be ePassports and other booklets (125 x 88mm- ID3) as well as in card format (54 x86 mm – ID1 or 74 x 105 mm – ID2) as used for e-ID, driving licenses, residence permits, and VISA labels in different formats.
Which test methods of this standard can be performed at Arsenal?
Most of the below mentioned test methods must be performed at several H-fields from 1.5A/m up 7.5A/m and at three temperatures (-10°C, 23°C and 50°C).
Layer 1 Tests
- 3.1 “Class 1” Verification (Conditional
- 3.2 Static Electricity
- 3.3 Alternating Magnetic Field
Layer 2 Tests
- 4.1 Load Modulation Amplitude
- 4.2 Operating Field Strength
- 4.3 SCIC Reception
- 4.4 SCIC Resonance Frequency (Optional)
- 4.5 SCIC Maximum Loading Effect
- 4.6 Low Field Recover Capability
- 4.7 SCIC EMD Level and Low EMD Time
- 5 Layer 3 Timing Tests
- 5.1 Frame Delay Time (Type A only)
- 5.2 Detailed Type B Timing Measurements
- 5.3 Timing before PCD SOF (TR2) (Type B only)
Layer 3 and Layer 4 Protocol Tests
- Please refer to ISO 10373-6 Annex G
Which test tools are used for testing of this standard by Arsenal?
- Arsenal Studio with ISO/IEC 18745-2 testsuite
- Test PCD Assembly – Arsenal Testhouse – you can order this right here
- Reference PICC Class 1 – Arsenal Testhouse – you can order this right here
- Oscilloscope with active probes – Rohde Schwarz RTO1024
- Signal Generator – Rohde & Schwarz SMBV100A and NI MP500 TCL3
- Amplifier – Rohde & Schwarz BBA100
- Temperature Forcing Device – SP FTS ThermoJet ES Precision Temperature Cycling System
Which information must i provide for performing the test methods of this standard?
In order to ensure a proper test setup, it is mandatory for you to provide a completed ICS
(Implementation Conformance Statement) document, which can be downloaded here or alternativly filled online.
The information shall be include Commands for S-Parameters, Waiting Time Extension (S(WTX), which bit rates are supported as well as which access control will be applied e.g. Plain, BAC, EAC, PACE