READER TESTING AT ITS BEST
BSI TR-03150 Part 2
Plan for Testing of Contactless Readers for Conformance with CEN/TS 16794:2017
Edition 1.1 from 2020-03-24
CEN/TS 16794:2017 is the first specification for contactless readers and media which was formally synchronized with NFC Forum’s Analog 2.0 specification for mobile devices. It will ensure technical interoperability between conformant media and readers in the Transport sector and also with NFC mobile devices which conform to NFC Forum’s Analog 2.0 specification.
Which devices can be tested against this standard?
- Contactless readers such as Handhelds, Palms, Mobile Phones, Document Reader, Desktop Reader used for Public Tranpsort and similar Markets
Which test methods of this standard for eMRTD can be performed at Arsenal?
Most of the below mentioned test methods must be performed at different positions
- 3.1 PCD Maximum Field Strength
- 3.2 PCD Minimum Field Strength
- 3.3 Alternating Magnetic Field Strength
- 3.4 Type A Modulation Waveform
- 3.5 Type B Modulation Waveform
- 3.6 Type A Modulation Reception
- 3.7 Type B Modulation Reception
- 3.8 Type A EMD Immunity
- 3.9 Type B EMD Immunity
- 3.10 Type A EMD Handling Timing Constraints
- 3.11 Type B EMD Handling Timing Constraints
- 4.1 PCD Digital Conformance to ISO/IEC 14443 Standard Series
- 4.2 PCD Type A Detection Time
- 4.3 PCD Type B Detection Time
- 4.4 AFI Value sent by the PCD
- 4.5 PCD Extended ATQB Option
- 4.6 Recommendations on RFU Bits and Values Reception Test
- 4.7 Proprietary Protocols Management by the PCD
- 4.8 ATQA sent after Modulated Field
- 4.9 ATQB sent after Modulated Field
Which test tools are used for testing of this standard by Arsenal?
- Arsenal Studio with CEN/TS 16794-2 testsuite
- Test PCD Assembly – Arsenal Testhouse – you can order this right here
- Reference PICC Class 1 – Arsenal Testhouse – you can order this right here
- Oscilloscope with active probes – Rohde & Schwarz RTO1024
- Network analyzer – Rohde & Schwarz ZNC3
- Signal Generator – Rohde & Schwarz SMBV100A and NI MP500 TCL3
- Amplifier – Rohde & Schwarz BBA100
- Positioning System – Denso VP6242G 6-axis Robot
Which information must i provide for performing the test methods of this standard?
In order to ensure a proper test setup, it is mandatory for you to provide a completed ICS
(Implementation Conformance Statement) document, which can be downloaded here or alternativly filled online.
For contactless Readers a Device Test Environment / Application must be provided by you to ensure that we are able to conduct all test methods.